The following are the objectives of ICSR:
- Promote a culture of safety and resilience at all levels through the use of knowledge, innovation and education.
- Reduce vulnerability of buildings thereby decreasing likelihood of loss of life and injury to the habitants of the buildings
- Implementing the disaster management cycle (mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery) in the aspects of disaster management.
- Coordinating and collaborating with all disaster management and related organizations, NGO’s, local and international agencies and creating strong network among them.
- To mitigate the disruptive and destructive effects of hazards and all disasters in order to reduce their impact on vulnerable communities, assets and the environment
- Achieving quick recovery from disaster
- To make the efforts for conservation of environment